Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blog Assignment #4-Midterm Practice

I plan to talk about prompt #3 Robots and Artificial Intelligence. The question that is being asked is if I agree or disagree that Rachel Eldon and other androids were intelligent human beings according to the graphic novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick. The argument that I will prove is why I agree that Rachel Eldon and the other androids were intelligent beings but how they can never gain to have real emotions. I will back this up with the scenes from the graphic novel by discussing Rachel Eldon's questioning. This would prove how Rachel Eldon was programmed to have intellectual thoughts but how her non existing emotions gave her away. Then explain the main scene that gave her away as an Android.  After, go on to compare how different the answers to the questions would of been if a human answered them. How much more emotion would be shown from a human if they were asked these kinds of questions.Then, continuing to talk about how androids would never gain the same emotions that humans have. How they will not be able to feel the same things as humans and can only gain intelligence through programming. Another text that would be added to this part would be Dream Logic,the Internet and Artificial Thought by David Gelernter. I would go to explain Gelernter's view on robots and artificial intelligence. How Gelernter's point was that robots can gain intelligence but can never have true emotions. He makes up two good points from the text and I will include these in my essay. His view on artificial intelligence ties in very well with the thought of robots never gaining emotions. Finally, I will choose one more scene from the graphic novel proving more of my point of why I agree Rachel Eldon and other androids were intelligent beings, but can never have real emotions. Finally, I would wrap up everything I discussed in my essay proving my point of agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment